Push fit connectors for 1" poly

Users who are viewing this thread

Qwertyjjj

Reaction score
I have an old well pump repurposed as a river pump.
This needs to be disconnected in the autumn due to the river freezing during winter.
I need to cut the pipe and make a coupling but it can't be standard poly barb fittings since when I come to disconnect it, these won't turn. I was told there's something easier almost like a push fit connector or maybe a clamp - do you know of anything? It would be under pressure so needs to be strong.
Almost like a pitless adapter but not...

VAWellDriller

Reaction score
I have an old well pump repurposed as a river pump.
This needs to be disconnected in the autumn due to the river freezing during winter.
I need to cut the pipe and make a coupling but it can't be standard poly barb fittings since when I come to disconnect it, these won't turn. I was told there's something easier almost like a push fit connector or maybe a clamp - do you know of anything? It would be under pressure so needs to be strong.
Almost like a pitless adapter but not...
If it's cts pipe you could use shark bite fittings and get the removal tool to take it apart. I would just put a union on or if you don't want to need any tools cam and groove fittings (not plastic).

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks