Purchasing New Home System

Users who are viewing this thread

Doug Kyle

Reaction score
Ok so I'm looking at a system for my home.
2800 sq ft. 4 bedroom city water.
came up with a 48,000 unit. been looking at Fleck 2510SXT.

torn between going local and paying twice as much or going online. I am very comfortable with the DIY part of this or addressing any repairs down the road. But a little concerned if I will be getting the quality I want from online vendors. Is the head I would get from a place like Quality Water for less going to be the same head a local dealer is going to install? Is ResinTech CG10 good resin or is cheap junk? What about the tank is it going to be thin? Is the head mounted differently?

What have some of your experiences been?

Doug

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
I would recommend local, but push them on the price. The local reputable guys tend to use higher quality than the online guys who are always trying to find a cheaper way to build a system in order to be $1 cheaper than the next guy. Imagine if Toyota sold just the shell of their car, what would the online guys put in for the engine, tranny tires etc??? I bet you could buy one for $6000 :)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks