Pumptec Unit has charred marks on the wall behind but shows green light.

Users who are viewing this thread

dogcomp

Reaction score
Came home yesterday after big storm, used water for a couple things and gradually the water pressure went down til there was no water. Found several breakers were tripped and reset them. Still no water. Read info on this forum about a lever to push up on the pressure tanks pressure guage but our's doesn't have the lever.Pressure gauge reading is almost at zero. From what I've read here, the next step is to shut the power off to all the water equipment, drain the water out of the pressure tank until its at zero, put air pressure into the top of the tank until its 2 lbs below the cut in on the pressure switch, and then turn the power back on and hope the pressure tank fills up. However, as we were checking out everything, we found that the Pumptec protection unit has a piece that sticks out on the left side that has blown apart and there are charred marks on the cinder block wall behind it. The green light is still on on the pumptec unit and the light that is supposed to show that the unit has tripped is not on. Is it safe for us to try the steps of regaining the pressure in the pressure tank? Our pump is several hundred feet underground so we cant tell if it is running. Do you think it could be running with whatever blew apart on the pumptec unit?

dogcomp

Reaction score
ok. I guess i will try the steps anyway and plan on calling the well people Monday. thanks for replying

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks