PumpTec - Green light is on, pump not starting

Users who are viewing this thread

Phil Nottveit

Reaction score
I've recently been having trouble with my PumpTec (Model 5800020116). This is the 2 light model and it operates a 1/2 Hp 230 Volt submersible well pump that fills a holding tank in the house. As far as I'm aware, the pump has been operating without any problems for many years (I bought this place about a 2.5 years ago). About a week ago, the green light was lit indicating the pump should be running to fill my holding tank but it wasn't. To fix it, I took off the PumpTec cover and when I put it on again, the pump started to run. It works for a few days and then again randomly seems to get stuck in this mode (green light on - no pump running). If this goes unnoticed, my holding tank will empty and we run out of water. Any suggestions? Thanks

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks