pump time

Users who are viewing this thread

Bob from Plains

Reaction score
:confused: I live in the country and have a well. The pump is 3/4 hp and pressure tank is a well x trol wx-255, pressure switch set at 30-50, pressure tank air press set at 28. :confused: When the pump kicks on it takes 3 minutes to reach the 50 psi and the kick off. Next to the well there is a hydrant, I have checked the flow out of this hydrant, between 25to 30 gal. per min. I checked this after the pump had run at least 1 1/2 minutes. The supply line from the pump to the house and the pressure tank is 1 1/4 inches. My question is: if I have this kind of flow at the hydrant why does it take 3 min. to fill the pressure tank. With research I have found the wx-255 is an 81 gal. tank. The flow at the hydrant and the time it takes to fill the pressure tank don't add up. Could sombody clue me in.
Bob

Speedbump

Reaction score
That tank properly aired up, will hold around 25 gallons. As your pump builds pressure the flow slows down. So it sounds to me like everything is working pretty good.

If you let the hydrant run long enough to empty the tank, you can then see what the pump is actually pumping without the benefit of the water coming from the tank.

bob...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks