Pump Tank Pressure Switch And CSV

Users who are viewing this thread

Blero

Reaction score
Greeting All

Hello good people im glad i found this terry love forum. I hope you all good.

I recently replaced all, submersible pump 1.1kw, tank 13 gall or 50L ,and pressure switch. Someone did this for me, first time used old tank raplaced membrane but it failed to keep air, water leaked around bolts, purchased new tank 13 gall and i replaced by myself, searching over internet watching videos now i understand how the tank and pressure switch should work, tank was factory to 30 psi max 145 , i added more air to 33 ( will add more air once i get proper air compressor pistol gauge to make 38). I set my pressure switch to 40/60 is this safe setting or should i change? To 20/40, 30/50 40/60
I also learned about CSV is this safe to use with my setup. ? The CSV is expensive so i looked for similiar in my country i attached PDF will this work same as csv? Or is a different.

Thank you have a good day :)

Attachments

• 01252_en.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 90

Reach4

Reaction score
Different. A CSV and PRV (pressure reducing valve) differ mainly in there still being a reduced path, from pump to pressure tank+switch, that fills the pressure tank. You could approximate it with a low flow around the PRV, but that would lack the self-cleaning aspect of the CSV.

Blero

Reaction score
Different. A CSV and PRV (pressure reducing valve) differ mainly in there still being a reduced path, from pump to pressure tank+switch, that fills the pressure tank. You could approximate it with a low flow around the PRV, but that would lack the self-cleaning aspect of the CSV.
Thank you, any alternative to csv?

Reach4

Reaction score
Bigger pressure tank.

1. Is this a centrifugal pump rather than a positive displacement pump? A CSV will not work with a positive displacement pump.
2. How far down is the top of the water?
3. How far down is the top of the water?
4. 1.1kw is about 1.5 HP, which would be for a pretty deep well for a house or for a high-volume use. Is this for a residence? What l/min or gallons per minute do they rate the pump?

Blero

Reaction score
Bigger pressure tank.

1. Is this a centrifugal pump rather than a positive displacement pump? A CSV will not work with a positive displacement pump.
2. How far down is the top of the water?
3. How far down is the top of the water?
4. 1.1kw is about 1.5 HP, which would be for a pretty deep well for a house or for a high-volume use. Is this for a residence? What l/min or gallons per minute do they rate the pump?
Bigger pressure tank water will stay to much in tank ?how much galon or L, tanks are very bad here broke every 1/2 year.
Centrifugal pump
The pump is this in attachments similiar just 1.1kw
Well is 42feet deep and 5feet width
And it was 20 feet with water when i installed the pump
Is in attachment just 1.1kw same specs
I purchased 0.75kw but i returned when u hear to much people they said 0.75kw not work good. Is for my house
But is over now. Is this a good pump for such well or is big. Or any reccomand for future well
I like pressure
Old pump in photo similiar used to much electricity and no pressure. It wss with two pipes

Thank you

Attachments

• well-pump-m100-1.2.jpg
    well-pump-m100-1.2.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 79
  • OldPumIlustration.jpg
    OldPumIlustration.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:

Reach4

Reaction score
1. Rule of thumb for pressure tank when not using CSV: Take gpm or l/min, and multiply by 4 to get the size you want, or get bigger. Rational is pressure tank holds about 1/4 of the rated size. You want the pump to take a minute or longer to fill each time it runs. You could go smaller but it is better to not go much smaller.

2. For a house, a 1/2 HP 10 gpm submersible pump should be more than sufficient for a house. If this is for farm irrigation, that is different. If a 1/2 HP pump is not enough, maybe you bought a 1/2 hp 25 gpm pump. A bigger GPM number is not better. It means the pump is not designed to make much pressure. In a 46 ft deep well, 1.5 HP submersible to provide water to a house seems like a bad fit. And if electricity is expensive where you are, the 1/2 HP is even more important.

I don't know what all is readily available to you. You would like something with pump graphs that show gpm OR lpm vs pressure.

A 1/3 hp 7 gpm pump might be ideal for you, but you probably won't find one... and if you did it would be expensive.

Is 40/60 safe? As long as the pump pressure is rising at a good rate when the pressure hits 60, it is good. You would not want to do that with a pump that can barely make cutoff, but I doubt that would be a problem.

3. For pressure tanks, it is better to get precharged pressure tank with a diaphragm rather than a replicable bladder. The diaphragms last longer. Set the air precharge to about 2 psi below the cut-on pressure-- 38 psi when using 40/60 psi switch. Air precharge is measured with the water pressure at zero.

I am not a professional.

4. For a 5 ft diameter well, you want a "flow inducer". Cheap. Homemade. The point is that it runs the water past your motor to cool it better. Search about that, and ask questions if you don't find enough. I would expect 4 inch pipe to be harder to find there, but 100 mm is probably OK.... especially for a lower HP pump.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks