pump surge

Users who are viewing this thread

Doubler

Reaction score
Terry: When my well pump comes on it builds presure nice and radual as evident by watching the gage, at the few moments before it reachs the shutoff pressure it surges quickly.Any idea why that happens. I put a new gage on just to make sure that was ok and the same thing occurs

Rick

Doubler

Reaction score
pumpsurge

The switch operates fine clicks on and off with no chatter . What happens is if i sit and watch the gage... when the pump comes on there is a steady rise in the gage until a crertain point and then the pressure surges up and then cycles off.

I`ll check the check

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
The switch operates fine clicks on and off with no chatter . What happens is if i sit and watch the gage... when the pump comes on there is a steady rise in the gage until a crertain point and then the pressure surges up and then cycles off.

OK now "surges up, and cycles off". That sounds like the little pipe fitting going to your pressure switch is clogged up.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks