Pump Saver Plus Question

Discussion in 'Pumps and Tanks Well Forum & Blog. Water is life.' started by vinnygalbo, May 12, 2018.

1. vinnygalbo

vinnygalbo New Member

Mid August 2016 my pump guy installed a new 3/4hp Schaefer submersible pump down my well and a Franklin control box with a Pump Saver Plus (model 231-Insider-P). The pump saver is manufactured by SymCom.

https://www.clrwtr.com/UserFiles/CT/Documents/Littelfuse/SymCom-231-INSIDER-P-Pump-Savers.pdf

Lately the switch is not working properly, and it is not filling my cistern properly. When it is supposed to turn the pump on - it does not. When I manually override it, the pump pumps water. I like the idea of having a pump saver, but this is not working out as planned. Is this a bad brand? Is there a better pump saver out there?

Does anybody here have experience with these things? I would like to know what I am talking about prior to talking with my pump guy.

Thanks for your input.

2. valveman

valveman Cary Austin Staff Member

Pump Controls Technician
    If the pump saver has really already gone bad, you might try a Cycle Sensor. We stayed with older electronics like regular resistors and capacitors and less integrated circuits, so we think it much more reliable.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement