Pump running constantly

Users who are viewing this thread

villiayth

Reaction score
This question is actually for my mom. We both know nothing about wells and pumps.

Her well is 54 feet deep and is equipped with a submersible pump. For the past few days, the pump won't shut off it keeps running constantly when there is no water being used anywhere in the house or outside. We opened up the lid on the well outside and noticed that the water level inside the well had almost reached the top. Any idea what may be causing this to happen? We thought maybe all the rain we have had in the past month could have caused the underground spring to fill up and back up into the well causing the rising water and the pump to run constantly. But like I said we know nothing about wells and are hoping to get an idea of what this may be from the experts!

Thank you, Pamela

R

Rancher

Assuming you have water pressure, and water at the house. Can you tell us what the water presssure is at the pressure tank, it sounds either like the pump can't make it up to cutoff pressure, or the pressure switch is not opening and the pump is pumping to it's maximum pressure (not good for the pump) Call a pump man, not a plumber.

Rancher

villiayth

Reaction score
I looked at the pressure tank, and it has no gauge on it. So I have no idea what the pressure is.

Pamela

villiayth

Reaction score
Thank you everyone for all your help. The well guy came out today and it did turn out to be a hole in the line that the pump hangs on.

Pamela

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks