Pump run time

Discussion in 'Pumps and Tanks Well Forum & Blog. Water is life.' started by banjo bud, Nov 6, 2018.

1. banjo bud

banjo bud Member

On a shallow well pump, I know that short run times are harmful. What about long run times? I have a hot tub that I drain and refill every 6 months. It holds 500 gallons. On my old county water, it took 2 hours to fill. My well pump could be similar but I’m betting it would take longer.

2. valveman

valveman Cary Austin Staff Member

Pump Controls Technician
    Pumps are made to run "continuously". Says so right on the side of the motor. They actually last longer running 24/7/365 than with any amount of cycling on and off. I have a submersible on a stock water well that hasn't turned off in over 17 years now. Pumps like to run.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. banjo bud

banjo bud Member

Wow. I guess I won’t worry about THAT then.