pump protection

Users who are viewing this thread

harvandmarv

Reaction score
I have a low yield 300ft well with a meyer 3/4 pump that pumps into a storage tank controlled by a float. The water line into the storage tank has a restrictor which is suppose to keep the well from being pumped dry. The tank also has a pump to send water into pressure tank into house. I would like to put a protection device and a timer on the pump in the well. Any suggestion? Thank you Harv

harvandmarv

Reaction score
I guess I will go with the cycle stop as franklin said no flow valve and must be franklin motor. My other question is installing a timer (like a sprinkler) so when the float calls for water the pump runs for about 2 hours shuts off and comes back on say 5 hours later etc till the tank is full. Is this possible? thanks again Harv

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
That is what the Cycle Sensor does.

No flow valve? Thats funny. They were suppose to be fixing the Pumptec where it would work with an adjustable underload. I guess it isn't working right. Only Franklin motor? That is funny too. Trying to force people to buy only their motors.

Last edited:

Ballvalve

General Engineering Contractor
Reaction score
I have a pumpsaver with flow valve and the adjustment has a long range that works fine after some experimenting. The paperwork does not mention flow valves as far as mine.

The timer works, with the flow valve, and the only one with any quality is a german intermatic sold about only by a place called 1000 bulbs

harvandmarv

Reaction score
Thank you for your advice. I am looking into the timer (called intermatic very helpful) and the cycle sensor Harv

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks