Pump or tank question

Users who are viewing this thread

Jd2683

Reaction score
So this is an odd question, however hopefully somebody can help me. I have a self-cleaning litter box for my cats that has to be hooked up to a water source. Unfortunately my landlord will not permit me to hook it up to a water source in the house. So my thought was it might be possible to hook it up to some sort of a water tank. I found just a Basic plastic water tank with a Spicket and was able to fit a connector to the litter boxes intake hose. However the problem is that there is not enough water pressure from the gravity to operate the machine. I’m wondering if some sort of pump might work? I would need to be able to leave the pump on continuously, as the machine wash itself various intervals. My other thought was this, is there possibly a tank that would have some sorts of built in pump or pressurizing system that would work for this?

Reach4

Reaction score
I have a self-cleaning litter box for my cats that has to be hooked up to a water source. Unfortunately my landlord will not permit me to hook it up to a water source in the house.
What does the water source do?

How about wying into the supply to the washing machine?
everbilt-tees-wyes-801639-64_145.jpg
There are also things that can tee off on the connections to sink supply lines. I presume the landlord is talking about not modifying the pipes.

Jd2683

Reaction score
What does the water source do?

How about wying into the supply to the washing machine?
everbilt-tees-wyes-801639-64_145.jpg
There are also things that can tee off on the connections to sink supply lines. I presume the landlord is talking about not modifying the pipes.

The litter box is self washing, so when it goes through a wash cycle it mixes its own washing solution To clean itself.

No washing machine. They won’t allow me to connect anything to the plumbing. So unfortunately that wouldn’t be an option.

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
How much pressure and how much water is needed? There exist small pump systems for RV/campers that might suffice.

You could opt for a hydro-pneumatic pressure tank and use a small air compressor to pressurize it. Use the AVC discharge as a gauge for when to refill the tank.

Boycedrilling

In the Trades
Reaction score
Does the litter box information tell you what PSI is needed for the water and how many gallons would it use in a day? And how much are you willing to spend, $20 or $200?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks