Pump only runs when I push the contacts together

Discussion in 'Pumps and Tanks Well Forum & Blog. Water is life.' started by Nate Clinch, Feb 15, 2016.

1. Nate Clinch

Nate Clinch New Member

Started having this issue first thing this morning no water pressure. Went down checked pumped fuse wasn't popped or anything. But it won't run I took the cover off and closed the contacts and it ran fine but shuts off a soon as I release.

2. valveman

valveman Cary Austin Staff Member

Pump Controls Technician
    The little nipple your pressure switch attaches to is probably clogged up. If the points in the switch won't close or stay closed at low pressure, either the switch is bad or there is enough pressure in the nipple to make it think the system is full.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. Nate Clinch

Nate Clinch New Member

That was it it was frozen I warmed with my hands and it kicked right back on thank you !

5. valveman

valveman Cary Austin Staff Member

Pump Controls Technician
    A hair dryer works better. Glad you got it working.