Pump losing pressure

Users who are viewing this thread

Eugenia Downey

Reaction score
I have a 1 hp deep well jet pump. I bought all new parts and pump. New ejector, foot valve, pipe fittings etc...... When we primed it the gauge went to 45 and the pump kicked off. We opened the faucets in the house and it ran good for 15 minutes and lost pressure. We checked the air pressure in the precharge tank and it is 15 psi. We have tried everything and still no pressure. The well has plenty of water. What can I do now?

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
Is the jet down in the well? Here is a cutaway of a jet pump. Either the jet is down in the well or at the motor it's the same. It is possible some debris got jamb at the nozzle. At one time I had a well suck up a small piece of metal about the size of a 22 bullet (from the original drill bit tooth done twenty years ago) and it would occasionally it get caught in the check valve and lose prime when it was turned off. Finally, one time it remained jammed in the check valve on removal and I was to remove it. Drove me nuts for days.

upload_2017-8-28_0-21-38.png

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks