Pump loses pressure

Users who are viewing this thread

Robert Buhlmaier

Reaction score
I recently relocated my shallow well pump, pressure tank and softener tanks from approximately 10' away from the well head to 50' away. My problem is when the pump builds to 60lbs on the gauge it stays there for several minutes before the pressure switch cuts the pump off. As soon as the pump cuts off it instantly drops 8-10lbs than stays at that pressure until you start using water than pump kicks back on at 40lbs and repeats the same cycle as above. Any idea what is causing the pump to run for a while once it reaches the 60lbs and why it drops to 8-10lbs instantly? The pressure switch is a 40-60. I didn't seem to have this issue until I moved everything. Pump is an Everbuilt 1/2hp and pressure tank is a 20 gallon. Both pump and tank are approx: 1-1/2yrs old. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks