Pump/Hose Thread Question

Users who are viewing this thread

mpr2000

Reaction score
So this is more specifically a pool/filter and hose question, but I think this is the right forum to ask...

On my pool filter, I have an 1-1/2" port for the discharge hose (backwash). The thread on this is standard (NPT?) and accepts the sched 40 PCV threaded fittings you'd find at the usual supply houses.

I grew tired of replacing the cheap plastic hose generally used for pool discharge and purchased a water discharge hose meant for a trash pump. This is 1-1/2" PVC reinforced hose and has "Pin Couplings", male at one end and female at the other. The thread on these couplings (i think) is NH-NST?

So - the question is - can anyone help me validate the thread type of each? I think what I need to connect the hose to my filter is an adapter like: Female Thread 1-1/2" NPT to Male Thread 1-1/2" NH(NST). The NPT female would use a short coupler in to the filter, and the NH Male would allow me to connect the Female (pin coupling) end of my water disharge hose.

Any input/feedback is appreciated!

Mark

VAWellDriller

Reaction score
If it's straight thread with a rubber gasket in the female hose end, you can mate that to NPT, no adapter needed....just buy a 1.5" NPT steel nipple and screw it into the filter, screw the hose on that.

mpr2000

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply. The female end of the hose does have a gasket, so I'll try a steel nipple. What may have thrown me, was that I tried a PVC nipple I had laying around, and it would turn about 1-1/2 turns on the female hose fitting and bind up.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks