Pull-down Kitchen Sink Sprayer Connecter

Users who are viewing this thread

Zeit

Reaction score
Hello folks. I have a brand unknown pull-down kitchen sink sprayer I need to replace. It has a connecter I don't know how to remove and haven't been able to identify. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

PXL_20201026_195808658.jpg

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
If you don't plan on reusing the faucet the easiest way to disconnect those tubes is to use a pair of side cut pliers used for cutting wire (not tin snips) and just cut it all out. then you have easier access to the nuts holding the faucet. Just be careful around jagged ends of pipe.. tape those off if needed.

Zeit

Reaction score
I was afraid it might be a messy solution, since I couldn't find any examples of this type on Google. I'm not a plumber, so this is starting to look beyond my skillset. I had been hoping to keep using the faucet. Thanks for your input!

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
OK.. your original post said replace. I figured you were replacing with new.

If you plan on re-using it. The nut attached to the brass threaded piece comes apart.. There are flat spots on each side of the threaded brass "nipple" that is for holding with a wrench so that you can turn the supply nut off with another wrench. You do not want to twist the copper tubes that go up to the faucet.

The gray colored collar appears to be a quick disconnect that has a cylinder on the top that must be depressed to release it from the connector. You can use a crescent wrench to press it down. releasing that connector allows you to remove the sprayer hose through the sink hole.

faucet.jpg

Last edited:

Zeit

Reaction score
First, I just want to thank you for taking the time to reply to my question! I really appreciate it. It was the gray colored collar that was confusing me. Now I know that it's a quick disconnect and how to handle it. Thanks!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks