PRV Recommendations

Users who are viewing this thread

JK60

Engineer
Reaction score
Update

Today I installed the Honeywell Braukmann pressure regulator. On the plus side there appears to be a decrease in the noise of rushing water when a faucet is turned on. On the minus side the regulator does not seem to have good pressure drop off characteristics. Prior to purchasing the unit I looked at the pressure drop off specs and saw that for a 50 psi pressure differential and 10 GPM flow the pressure drop off is 6 psi. I have a pressure differential of 56 psi in my house. Inlet pressure is 116 psi whereas the regulator is set to provide 60 psi house pressure. What I am seeing is a pressure drop off of 16 psi for 8 gpm flow. That is considerably higher (more then twice) then what was posted in the spec sheet. I wonder if I misunderstood something in the spec or if there is a problem with the regulator? Any advise will be appreciated. Just for reference this regulator replaced an old Watts U5B regulator which had a pressure drop off of 10 psi under similar conditions.

Also does any one know the correct address to e-mail Honeywell Braukmann. On their website the contact address is given as braukmann@honeywell.ca, but this is the second time that I e-mailed to that address and got a "mail undeliverable" message.

Thank you,

Jerry

Found the correct Honeywell Braukmann contact info. Response from company pending.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks