Protect poly under concrete patio?

Users who are viewing this thread

Hover

Reaction score
I need to run my 1" poly main lines after the valves under a concrete patio, then out to the lateral branches. The patio has not been formed and poured yet. What should I use as a protective sleeve for the poly pipe under the concrete? ABS, Elect conduit?, Not sure of how many zones, but probably 3. I do live in a freezing climate. Thankyou, great forum.

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
Welcome to Terry's Forum.

Why not just run Schedule 40 PVC pipe ?

Sand is your friend.

Good Luck on your project.

Last edited:

jjsask

Reaction score
I always use larger poly for sleeving under concrete. If it were me I would 3 sleeves of 2" poly under the slab. You might be able to get away with two runs of 4" corrugated weeping tile but its not nearly as strong as the straight poly pipe, but the weeping tile is cheaper and easier to get.

I would stay away from PVC, its harder to work with and not great in freezing climates. Also make sure you dig the sleeves in nice and deep below the base for your patio so you can pack your base over the pipe.

Last edited:

Hover

Reaction score
I always use larger poly for sleeving under concrete. If it were me I would 3 sleeves of 2" poly under the slab. You might be able to get away with two runs of 4" corrugated weeping tile but its not nearly as strong as the straight poly pipe, but the weeping tile is cheaper and easier to get.

I would stay away from PVC, its harder to work with and not great in freezing climates. Also make sure you dig the sleeves in nice and deep below the base for your patio so you can pack your base over the pipe.

Thanks, this poly sounds like the way to go. PVC is used for water lines, but its usually buried 10ft deep below the frost line, so dont know about that stuff.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks