Pros & Cons of Wax Free Gasket versus Wax Gasket on Toilet Installation

Users who are viewing this thread

SaniSeal

Reaction score
We have a new waxless toilet seal.

It is extremely EASY to install and made of flexible, durable materials that are guaranteed to last.
install1.jpg

It's designed to hold the bolts up and stay in place making it extremely easy to set the toilet. If you forget something you can pull the toilet back up and reset it on the same Sani Seal.

breakout.jpg

It works on every flange on the market, even cast iron.

We won Retailers Choice award at the National Hardware Show and Sani Seal Toilet Gasket is MADE IN USA.

Please check out our website at sanisealgasket.com

Last edited by a moderator:

DorBell

Reaction score
We have a new waxless toilet seal.

It is extremely EASY to install and made of flexible, durable materials that are guaranteed to last.
View attachment 13874

It's designed to hold the bolts up and stay in place making it extremely easy to set the toilet. If you forget something you can pull the toilet back up and reset it on the same Sani Seal.

View attachment 13875

It works on every flange on the market, even cast iron.

We won Retailers Choice award at the National Hardware Show and Sani Seal Toilet Gasket is MADE IN USA.

Please check out our website at sanisealgasket.com

I use toilets with the FlushMate pressure tank. The toilets work great, never get plugged up, but likely create some pressure because they flow out quite fast. The wax rings last about 4 years and stacking wax rings blows out quickly. Any one with experience with the wax-less rings used on toilets with the FlushMate?

Last edited by a moderator:

SteveW

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Interesting question.
If you don't get answers, suggest you start a new thread (this one is kind of old so people may not be that interested in the original debate).

Reaction score
I'm responding to the above ad from a foam ring alternative to wax rings.
I've pulled two of those, both were soaked through and through with urine and feces. Terrible.

It's the kind of thing that seems great when it goes in, but in the end is not a good solution.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks