Propur Water Filtration

Users who are viewing this thread

Bannerman

Reaction score
What contaminants are you concerned with filtering out?

For higher all-around contaminat removal, you may wish to consider a reverse osmosis system.

Chefwong

Reaction score
Yeah, I did consider when looking at all this a RO system but to plumb it lower, then making holes for a feed to the kitchen sink, fridge, etc, sorta nixed the idea.

Aside from the counter pitcher Mavea water filter and or the built in filter in the fridge, it's never been on my radar/wiki to add a external filtration until now, due to the fact the new fridge does not have one. The ProPur footprint looks okay for a inline, and it seems to be ~well rated~ .

I am researching/doing this in uncharted territory ;-)

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
I would recommend a USA made filter when possible. I tour manufacturing facilities all over the world, many are nice, most are not. The manufacturers in the US, Canada, even Mexico have been fairly consistent.

Chefwong

Reaction score
thanks dittohead. Indeed. While I'm typing this off my PRC made macbook, for the filters, in which it's something we consume in our bodies....I was leaning to something stateside.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks