Proposed double vanity

Users who are viewing this thread

New tradesman

Reaction score
Sorry, I researched the other threads on this and couldn't see what I was looking for. I am adding a double vanity. I am attaching whats in the wall right now. I wasnt sure whether I should T into the drain line to the left of the current vanity drain or run a line horizontal and tie into the existing single vanity drain by replacing the fitting. Each drain needs its own vent right so running a new drain line vertically onto the 2 inch line won't work.

Attachments

• 20200707_221101.jpg
    20200707_221101.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 210

New tradesman

Reaction score
Thank you. I am opening the wall tonight to see what is there. From what I can see the stack going up the vents has a T in it and the T is the drain for the existing sink and the top of the T is the vent.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Thank you. I am opening the wall tonight to see what is there. From what I can see the stack going up the vents has a T in it and the T is the drain for the existing sink and the top of the T is the vent.

If you have 1.5" pipe, then something like this.

single_to_double_lav.jpg

double-lav-arant.jpg

Last edited:

New tradesman

Reaction score
Its 2 inch. I measured it since the wall wasn't closed up correctly when I pulled the existing vanity out.

New tradesman

Reaction score
I was able to go into the fitting on the right side. Wall is all sealed up. Best part is I just ran new PEX lines too. Works like a charm.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks