Proper venting for sewage ejector pump

Users who are viewing this thread

Jon2005

Reaction score
Hi,

I am installing a bathroom in the basement, and will be using a sewage ejector pump. I know for certain that the basin needs to be vented to the outside. What I don't no is if I am suppose to add a seperate vent for the sink and the shower. The sink is only going to be about 2 feet from the 4" drain feed to the basin. The shower will be about 6 feet. Do I need to have a vent for the shower and sink drain too? I have read that the siphoning effect of the drain could partially drain the water from the traps, and cause sewer gas to come through, but is this really a concern? I have never lived in a house that had a seperate vent on every drain.

Your help is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Jon

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
trap

Every house you have lived in has had a vent for every trap/drain, they just may just have been combined so you did not have a separate one for each drain. Yes you need to vent those items, and you can tie their vents into the tank vent. Actually you have it backwards. Theoretically the pump would work using the fixture vents, rather than the fixtures using the tanks's vent.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks