Proper toilet flange

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by TerryT, Jan 2, 2007.

  1. TerryT

    TerryT New Member

    Dec 24, 2006
    I'm in the middle of a bathroom remodel and need to know which type of toilet flange to use that goes into a cast iron drain. Any sealer used? Thanks!
  2. jadnashua

    jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

    Sep 2, 2004
    Retired Systems engineer for defense industry.
    New England
    If you use a cast iron flange, then the lead and oakum make the seal. IF it is a 3" pipe, you can get a flange that clamps to the outside of the pipe with a neoprene (?) rubber seal. If it is a 4" pipe, you can get a similar one that clamps to the inside of the pipe. Or, you can snap off of the cast and replace the whole part with pvc. while using a no-hub conection to hold them together.
  3. Sponsor

    Sponsor Paid Advertisement

  4. TerryT

    TerryT New Member

    Dec 24, 2006
    I've seen plastic flanges at HD, that have a rubber like seal on the outside of it. It looks as if the seal is slightly tappered. Apparently it just gets inserted into the pipe and the rubber seals it. Have you seen/used these?
Similar Threads: Proper toilet
Forum Title Date
Toilet Forum discussions Proper Tank to Bowl Gasket on old Toilet Mar 1, 2017
Toilet Forum discussions My Toto CST743E Toilet is slowly flushing less and less properly Sep 28, 2016
Toilet Forum discussions Toilet wont flush properly Apr 25, 2015
Toilet Forum discussions Toilet running because not sealing properly Sep 2, 2014
Toilet Forum discussions Toto Toilet Improperly Installed? Mar 2, 2014

Share This Page