Propane wall heater and tank rent

Users who are viewing this thread

Rayh78

Reaction score
Been in the same house for years. Two heat pumps. But do have a fireplace with vent less propane logs.
Use very little. Mainly a backup in the very rare case we lose electric.

Anyway. We currently pay about $150.00 a year for tank rent because we never use the minimum amount of propane which is also about 150.00 a year.

1st question. I could buy the 10 year old tank ( guessing about 100 gallon size)but they said I would be responsible if ever a problem with the tank. So I just kept renting. Is this a concern?

2nd question. Have a attached garage. Would not get a lot of use. But considering a small propane wall heater. Could be free heat on the rare occasion since I dont use the minimum amount of propane from above question.
But right now have the tank with a single copper 1/2" or 3/8" soft drawn copper line that runs from the tank thru the crawl space 50 ft directly to the fireplace.
To add anything I guess I would have a t- joint in the (closed /non vented) crawlspace and then another 30ft to the garage.
Concern is more joints and more chance for a gas leak and the wife is worried.
Good idea or not since dont really need, just nice to have?
Anything to minimize risk?
Best quality brand of small wall heater?

Thanks for any suggestions

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks