Users who are viewing this thread

FatsoPilot

Reaction score
Here is the new layout for the basement rough-in:

DSC_0009small.jpgDSC_0014small.jpg

Tom Sawyer

In the Trades
Reaction score
I don't know where to start except to say no. That was done by a plumber too?

Tom Sawyer

In the Trades
Reaction score
Everythings wrong with it. There's no vent for the shower or the toilet and whatever that line is coming in after the toilet, if it's a vent then it's flat and not to code and if its part of a wet vent it's on the wrong end of the toilet and the shower drain is a 3/4 s trap with no vent and the top picture has no toilet vent and the list goes on and on. Nothing there meets code really.
whoever is doing the work has no clue about proper venting or plumbing practices either for that matter and you can get all pissed off at me if you want but I'm trying to save you money, time and headaches down the road. You can do it right or you can do it again and again and again.

Last edited:

FatsoPilot

Reaction score
The line after the toilet is a wet vent line (for the laundry sink and the bath sink) which will tie back in to the old copper vent. How could a vent be on the wrong end of a toilet, I'm not following, it is downstream? The drain to the left of the toilet is not vented, it is a basement general drain, not a shower drain (that is why it has the primer line). The drains in the top picture are a bath drain and shower drain, both of which are vented, the lines run to the left wall in the picture.

DSC_0008.jpgDSC_0010.jpgDSC_0012.jpg

Last edited:

Tom Sawyer

In the Trades
Reaction score
The laundry sink can not be used as any part of the wet vent system. Only bath group fixtures can be wet vented. That line should also have been before the toilet so that the toilet wye is washed by the fixture(s) above. The floor drain is not vented and the way the fittings are laid up you have created an s trap there. Where does that horizontal that is above the floor drain wye go?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks