Problems with a 3200NXT timer on a Fleck 2900

Users who are viewing this thread

VICTORIA ONYERITO

Reaction score
We have the above commercial softener installed. However, I recently noted that the brine draw stage was not working hence the important stage of was being missed during regeneration resulting to hard water.
We opened the pipe and checked if there was any air suction but felt none. Technician check all connections and everything seems to be working fine only that the salt is not being drawn to the resin tank.
please help if anyone may have experienced the same and might have a solution. The softener is not yet 1 year old.

Reach4

Reaction score
A suction leak could prevent brine draw, as could some other things.

Reach4

Reaction score
suction leak, kindly explain. plus what else can prevent brine draw?
I have never seen one. Did it ever draw brine, that you know of?

If yet, I would clean the injector and injector screen. If you don't know where that is, do you know where the service manual is? Calling the installer for service might be a good idea.

Reach4

Reaction score
Yes brine has been drawn before until about 2 weeks ago
Good. Clean the injector and injector screen. If you see much in the way of deposits, more cleaning may be in order.

To check for a vacuum leak, you could suck on the pipe. Use your mouth, or your little vacuum pump.

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
No brine draw can come from a multitude of reasons. On the 2900, be sure the lower piston is going into the proper position during regeneration. Also make sure you have no back pressure from the drain line. Be sure your DLFC is not obstructed. If everything appears ok and the regeneration cycles/mechanics all work fine then you may have a damaged seal or piston primarily on the upper portion of the valve. Damage to the lower portion can also cause some problems with the brine draw but this is less common. Here is a link the manual, scroll down to the 2900s. https://www.impactwaterproducts.com/manuals

VICTORIA ONYERITO

Reaction score
Looks like time to replace. Will post an update once we get hold of replacement parts as they are not readily available locally

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks