Problem with shower pressure balance valve

Users who are viewing this thread

Dwafford13

Reaction score
New construction, I installed two shower faucets with pressure balance valves. When the valve is turned on on one of them, nothing happens, no flow at all. On the other one, after it has been shut off for a while, it will flow some at first, but the flow quickly ramps down to a trickle and then stops. I have confirmed good pressure and flow at both valves by removing the pressure & balance cartridge and turning the water on. Both produce a powerful stream of water with the cartridge absent, but no flow when the cartridge is installed. I can't see any adjustment provision on the P&B cartridge.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
New construction...........is the water to the water heater turned on? These valves "balanced" so if there is no hot water pressure, it will shut down the cold side to match. The result is that no water will come out. Make sure the water heater is installed and the shutoff is open to it. Or if no water heater yet, take a flex line and connect the hot and cold so that the entire piping system is under pressure.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks