Problem with new ceiling fan

Users who are viewing this thread

James23912

Reaction score
Hi again, I asked for advice the other day regarding installing a new ceiling fan with remote control, I ended up doing it as per the instructions, cut and capped the red wire from my original 3 wire set up and went with the black and white, I attached the an to the ceiling, attached the fan blades and then connected the two plug in wires for the light. I left the light housing hanging and put in one of the 3 bulbs and the thing worked fine.

So today I attached the light housing and put in the other bulbs and now the fan works fine but the lights are just blinking rapidly, they go on and off from the remote but just blink when on. . I undid the light housing and see nothing wrong and I tried one bulb at a time but still the same, I don't get it, it was fine yesterday.

it has no pull chains, just the remote to operate the thing

==============

So after posting this I googled the issue and found that there is a limiter that goes bad and can be bypassed, so I will wait and see if that is acceptable, thanks

Last edited:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
What size (wattage) bulbs did you use, and what does the instruction set say about the max it can support? Overloading the lamp circuit could cause it to work with one bulb, and fail when overloaded with too much wattage.

James23912

Reaction score
thanks JD, I used the b ulbs that came with the thing and tried just one bulb, same result, I will try calling the manufacturer first, soon as I get a chance

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks