Problem With My Water Heater

Users who are viewing this thread

bagged_02

Reaction score
i have a unitrol gas valve on my water heater and it keeps going out. i used to have to relight it once a day but now the pilot lights but the burner wont. pge told me it was the control. anyone have any suggestions

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
I have a suggestion. Since you know nothing about the problem, rather than risking disaster messing with gas, call a service person who has the knowledge, experience, and test equipment to diagnose and safely repair your heater.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
It could be either the gas valve or, the thermocouple. Then again if it is a newer FVIR model some other factors come into play.

I think Gary is right, and calling for service is a good idea...

Thatguy

Homeowner
Reaction score
i have a unitrol gas valve on my water heater and it keeps going out. i used to have to relight it once a day but now the pilot lights but the burner wont. pge told me it was the control. anyone have any suggestions
Post a schematic if you can get one. Do you have a multimeter? A thermopile is easier to check than a thermocouple.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks