Problem with Kitchen Faucet Sprayer

Users who are viewing this thread

MAD King

Reaction score
Hello,

I hope someone can help me. I have a problem with my kitchen faucet sprayer.
No water is coming out, so I thought the deverter is not not opening. I replaced the deverter. Same thing, no water coming out.
When I take the deverter out, the sprayer works fine and at the same time water is coming out off the faucet/spout too.
So the lines are not clogged.
Before that I replaced the old valves of this type with this type
Can it be that the new ones does not open enough like the old ones so that the water pressure is less than before?

Thank you

MAD King

Reaction score
Delta

1.jpg
2.jpg

Replaced it with this

Cwhyu2

Consultant
Reaction score
Are you sure it is Delta, model # would help, and picture of the faucet mounted on sink would help too.

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
Before that I replaced the old valves of this type with this type
Can it be that the new ones does not open enough like the old ones so that the water pressure is less than before?

Did the problem start immediately after changing the angle stops? Do you notice less flow with the new angle stops? Have you cleaned out the aerator? Have you tested without the aerator? The diverter valve needs a certain amount of flow to engage. Whenever plumbing systems are shut off, the subsequent in-rush when turned back on can dislodge sediment that then gets trapped in places like angle stops, heat traps, aerators, etc., and may need to get flushed out.

MAD King

Reaction score
When I take the deverter out, the sprayer works fine and at the same time water is coming out off the faucet/spout too.
So the lines are not clogged.

So the aerator is clean too. I can't remember how the water flow was before I remodelled my kitchen.

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
Ja, but "not clogged" is such a relative term. As I said, the diverter may need a certain volume of flow but you cannot remember how good the flow was before.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
IF it works without the diverter, but not WITH the diverter, you either have the spout and spray connections reversed so it thinks the spray is always on, or you have a bad diverter, ( I prefer the plastic Delta diverters). Put a dime in the aerator to stop the flow and see if the spray works. If it does the connections are reversed.

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
Pray is what us DIY'ers do. We pray that we get it right. If we don't, we pray that we can find a pro that is willing to take over a job started by a DIY'er. Then we pray they don't charge us double the going rate as punishment.

Suceress

Reaction score
LOL. You guys are so entertaining!
I don't even want to get started on the Made In China garbage... Drill bits from China were the bane of my existence. Good thing I still have some good US made ones in a toolbox.

MAD King, I think it is great that you labeled the parts. I think that worked out for you in the long run. :)

My father used to call it "idiot labeling", but I think it is a very good idea.

I take it switching the lines worked? (and don't feel bad, while I've never hooked up a faucet, I have put things together wrong even when clearly labeled because of a brain fart).

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks