problem with aquastat setting for coil

Users who are viewing this thread

Bbillcee

Reaction score
if i understand correctly the aquastat used on a boiler with a coil keeps the boiler water at a certain temp so when u need hot water it does not have to wait to get hot water

lately hot water seeems to take a while to come....i had the aqustat at 160 and raised to 170

it has been very cold here lately....

would going higher on the aquastat be ok?

or i'm wondering if its a problem with the aquastat itself

last year i remeber the hot water meter o the hot water pipe would stay round 120 ....now it stays around 80-90 average

the boiler and coil is 1 year old

Last edited:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
A boiler coil for domestic hot water needs the boiler to be fairly hot to work well, especially in the winter when the incoming cold water can approach freezing. Often, the thing is designed for 180-200 degrees. Yes, you can adjust it up, but it will increase fuel use, but you'll have hotter water.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks