Problem removing bath

Users who are viewing this thread

Nettlewarbler

Reaction score
Hi there , i'm planning on replacing the bathtub with a new shower enclosure . I received the fittings today , mostly compression . i removed the bath panel and swiched off the cold water supply , I found i could remove a current elbow connection and fit a 15mm stop end to the nut that was left on the cold water pipe , I gave it a few turns round the thread with PTFE tape . Job done in a few minutes . the problem is the Hot water pipe is a different size , I think it's probly 22mm . this comes from the comby boiler next door . there is a 22mm pipe leading from the combi , it branches off for the bath by a T-Piece , the first part is 22mm the next part the T is 22mm which goes to the Hot pipe on the bath tub , the next part goes to the Hot tap on the basin . which is a reduced 15mm fitting . 22mm ------15mm
¦
¦ this part is suppossed to stay under the middle of the other lines so it forms a T piece .
22mm .

Hope you can understand the drawing .

If i bought a 22mm stop end , how would i fit it , would i have to drain the combi first . how would i stop the flow of water in the Hot pipe . thank you very much .

Last edited:

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
Surely the hot water turns off when you turn the cold supply off to the house?

The closed loop is for heating the radiators, no? So there's no need to drain it down.

Turn the water off and see if the hot tap works.

Last edited:

Nettlewarbler

Reaction score
Thanks Ian , I really did'nt know how to go about it . will try it tomorrow . I hope it's that easy , then all i have to get is a 22mm stop end .

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks