problem, just installed Champion (A.Standard) and it is very lopsided.. please help

Users who are viewing this thread

BE123

Reaction score
I just installed a Champion toilet.. The floor is level... The toilet is to lopsided.. When you look at it you can see how it is lopsided.. The floor is level. My old toilet never looked this lopsided. Prior to installing- I did remove the old wax ring.. What is causing this lopsided? Could it have been the size of the wax ring, or the wax ring hitting the screws- when I put the toilet on the wax ring, it lookd like the screws maybe were hitting against the toilet and not have enough room to sit?? please let me know what steps I shoujld follow to fix this, thanks

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Welcome to the club! This is a common problem with American Standard toilets. My advice is to take it back and get a refund. They go buy a Toto Drake. Better toilet by far.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
If the flange is properly installed, (i.e., not sitting high or unlevel) any toilet made for USA should fit without hitting the flange. If the wax ring happened to have a plastic horn in it, that can hold a toilet up off of the flange, preventing it from sitting level. If neither of those are issues, the toilet may be defective. If you set it on a flat surface (not on the flange), does it sit level? If not, no way will it sit flat over the flange.

Shacko

Master Plumber-Gas Fitter
Reaction score
If your flange is above flush with the floor that would cause it, the old toilet could have been deeper arount the bowl and thats why it was able to sit level.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
All you need is some 1/2" plumbers putty on the low side. You must use a left hand putty knife to spread it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks