Problem after installing vanity sink

Users who are viewing this thread

Klamity

Reaction score
HI there,
I just installed an all-in-one vanity top/sink. 49x22"
When I was ready to hook up the p-trap to the pipe into the wall, there was a difference in the placement of the tail piece. I went to Home Depot and got a couple of pieces of pvc that shortened the distance. I was able to get the ptrap hooked up, though there is a tiny bit of stress on the tailpipe.
Now I have a leak from the where the drain meets the sink on the underside. It is tightened well I think, but still leaking. What to do next?
Please help! Thanks!
I'm in Ontario.
Klamity

Klamity

Reaction score
thank you

Thank you for your speedy replies. I will try this tomorrow and see if that helps.
Sincerely,
K

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
Klamity said:
I was able to get the ptrap hooked up, though there is a tiny bit of stress on the tailpipe.

Not knowing what you mean by "a tiny bit of stress" if hj and RUGGEDs solutions don't work you will have to eliminate the "stress" to stop the leak.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks