Prier Outdoor Faucet Plastic Cap

Users who are viewing this thread

teqnic

Reaction score
We have prier outdoor faucets on our home. I mainly just use one of our faucets. I noticed that when I turn the faucet off, a small amount of water seems to come from or drip from the red plastic cap on top. Is that normal or does that cap need to be replaced?

Thank you!

NPMSTR

In the Trades
Reaction score
Website
www.prier.com
Red Plastic Cap, are you sure its Prier? Prier is usually green.

The device is a vacuum breaker, which might spit a drop or 2 occasionally with water pressure changes. These typically can be replaced.

Good luck.

prier-hosebib-terrylove.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

teqnic

Reaction score
Re:

Thanks. I'm not too good with colors. You are right they are red. Just really faded from the sun on some sides of the house.

Sometimes when I turn the faucet off, a drip or two comes down from underneath the read cap. But it always stops after that. It does not continue to drip. I also checked are leak meter and we have no leaks.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks