Price Pfister Tub Shower cartridge nightmare.

Users who are viewing this thread

Tlhfirelion

Reaction score
Hello folks. I’m here after a rather extensive and unproductive search for a shower cartridge.
Long story short, new house, new shower/tub combo from Price Pfister called the Karci (8p8-ws2-ka). It started dripping and got to the point where it was constantly dripping. I took it out, tried generic replacement parts to no avail. Called a plumber and he couldn't find it and it would be a small fortune to have him drive all over/calling to find it. I tried on my own with no luck and Price Pfister customer service has such a language barrier issue two calls to them was a frustrating waste of time.
The issue is in the pictures below. The old inlet holes are round and every single replacement cartridge I can find online that’s supposed to work won’t as it’s an oval that’s larger. This shower unit isn’t even a year old so I don’t want to tear it all out but can’t figure out why it’s so hard to find a correct part. It seems every image I find online doesn’t show the area of the part I’m having trouble matching up. Any assistance on locating the right part is appreciated.

Attachments

• A03E8AE1-8B05-4A0A-B4E1-F4AB5A3A6573.jpeg
    A03E8AE1-8B05-4A0A-B4E1-F4AB5A3A6573.jpeg
    63.2 KB · Views: 293
  • C1D721A9-7CDF-4D7F-8B1A-229601D4A8EE.jpeg
    C1D721A9-7CDF-4D7F-8B1A-229601D4A8EE.jpeg
    66.1 KB · Views: 275

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
If you look at the pictures on the Amazon site, there is an adapter for older deep valve bodies. It snaps on to the cartridge. It looks like that is your second picture. when removing any shower/tub cartridge, always check the bottom of the valve body that no washers or parts are left in the body. This looks like your replacement.

https://www.amazon.com/Pfister-9743...ocphy=9053092&hvtargid=pla-375912782317&psc=1

phister-974-3210.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Tlhfirelion

Reaction score
If you look at the pictures on the Amazon site, there is an adapter for older deep valve bodies. It snaps on to the cartridge. It looks like that is your second picture. when removing any shower/tub cartridge, always check the bottom of the valve body that no washers or parts are left in the body. This looks like your replacement.

https://www.amazon.com/Pfister-9743...ocphy=9053092&hvtargid=pla-375912782317&psc=1

phister-974-3210.jpg
My apologies for the late reply. Thank you for your help. I have ordered this part.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks