Price Pfister Roman tub fixture from 1988?

Users who are viewing this thread

Steve Willing

Reaction score
This house was built in 1988. We need to update the bath hardware to put house on the market. My first choice is just to swap out the trim if the valves are still supported.

If not, can one suggest an inexpensive brand of Roman tub hardware that will connect to the 3/8" copper tubing as illustrated? Would a large vanity top faucet suffice? Can I find such without the drain handle in the back of the faucet?

All suggestions welcome, but I want to do as inexpensively as reasonable. Needs to be oil-rubbed bronze.

Thanks,

Steve Willing
IMG_2443.JPG IMG_2447.JPG IMG_2445.JPG

CountryBumkin

Reaction score
I think just about any "roman tub" with a "two handle" fixture will work as long as the new escutcheon plate covers the existing opening. A vanity fixture set will not have a long enough filler spout.
The existing ridged copper water feed lines can be moved/bent a little so you could then add a short flexible line to each copper pipe to reach to new fixtures (like under a typical vanity).

Maybe something like this https://www.lowes.com/pd/Moen-Brant...ndle-Adjustable-Deck-Mount-Tub-Faucet/3915172 However this model/style also requires you get the "rough-in valve". So its not really inexpensive at $300+

Last edited:

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
In the second picture I see "P P" on the brass body - a clue that you might have a price pfister.

Buy a price pfister trim kit and see if it fits your broach.

Steve Willing

Reaction score
CountryBumkin: I'm not aware of any Moen valve that will have screw-on attachments for the water line. Can you show me a link for that?

CountryBumkin

Reaction score
CountryBumkin: I'm not aware of any Moen valve that will have screw-on attachments for the water line. Can you show me a link for that?
I think the Delta valve Terry showed is a good choice (especially with the flexible copper between valves and spout). Moen makes a rough-in that uses a "compression fitting connection" but you would still need to cut-solder the lines between valves and spout.

From Lowes
Moen_Rough0In.JPG

I have not used this valve or held it in my hand. I'm just going off the product description. Moen shows this rough-in as available in copper, PEX, and compression.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks