Price Pfister Quick Connect won't budge!

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by Unigeezer, Aug 12, 2018.

1. Unigeezer

Unigeezer New Member

20180812_123928_480x640_240x320.jpg

Have a series 34 single handle Price Pfister kitchen faucet with side sprayer in the deck. I want to remove the hose to either clean or replace, but the quick connect will not come off no matter what I've tried so far. I tried putting silicone lubrication and letting it sit, and then following instructions I push up on the Quick Connect housing, then I push the plastic collet down while keeping up with pressure on the housing, and then try pulling it down and off but it would not budge. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Reach4

Reach4 Well-Known Member

shows that within limits.

The method is not totally clear, but it might help.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Plumber
    The gray part of the quick connect pushes down to release. Pressure is maintained on the gray while pulling downward. Sometimes your fingernails are enough, maybe the open jaws of a wrench to push it in.

5. Unigeezer

Unigeezer New Member

Yes I already watched that video before posting and every other one I could find online and I understand the procedure follow it to the letter, but it just won't budge. So I was hoping someone would be able to give me another solution that I haven't been able to find on YouTube or anywhere else.

6. Unigeezer

Unigeezer New Member

Yes I tried pliers and needle nose to push the collar down while pushing up on the housing but so far nothing has been able to budge it. Would it be safe to spray some WD-40 on the connection area in the hopes that it would free things up enough to remove it?

7. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Plumber
    Push down on the gray while pulling down on the adapter.

8. Unigeezer

Unigeezer New Member

When you say adapter you are referring to the Brass housing below the gray collet correct? I tried doing that repeatedly with no luck. Just seems to be fused on there and won't budge which is surprising since I didn't think that would happen with brass

9. dj2

dj2 In the Trades

You say you want to clean or replace.

Well if you are going to replace, just cut the hose connector and stop fussing with the lock.