Price Pfister, Need help identifying a Roman faucet

Users who are viewing this thread

michaeldiy

Reaction score
I have a whirlpool tub with a Roman faucet that I need to replace since it is badly corroded. I have checked and there is no access beneath the tub, so I was hoping to just be able to replace the trim. Unfortunately I cannot find any identifying marks on it. So I was wondering if anyone here was familiar with it or recognized the mounting that it fits on. Attached are the pictures of it, with the spout being about nine inches long. Thanks.

009.jpg
006.jpg
008.jpg
010.jpg

Asktom

Reaction score
It looks like a Price Pfister. If you post a picture of the stem next to a ruler somebody here will be able to tell you for sure.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Given the non-PVD brass finish, it puts the age at something over 10 years. The handle style resemble a Moen Monticello. A picture of the cartridge will solve the mystery!

michaeldiy

Reaction score
Pictures of Stem

Thanks for the help Asktom and jimbo. I have attached some pictures I took of the stem to aid with the identification of the faucet.

003.jpg
006.jpg

Asktom

Reaction score
It is Price Pfister, from their Society Finish series. I believe that series is discontinued, but suspect (I haven't tried it) that parts from their newer RT6 series would fit.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
IT is PricePfister, but the "hub" for the spout on the new valves is different from the old one, and cannot always be made to interchange with it. Because of the size of the new stems, the escutheons and holders are also larger on the new ones and will not fit your valve, but some places still carry the old versions. The handle and stem trim for an 8" lavatory faucet is the same as the Roman tub valve.

Last edited:

Screwdriverga

Reaction score
I have the same fitting except with the longer stem valves and acrylic handles and would like to change the trim with a Nickel finsh. Did you manage to change out this fitting using the RT6? I contacted Price Pfister becasue I do not have access to the underside of the tub but their advice was to change the entire valve body out!

I found the following on the PP website and wondered in anyone on this site can advise?

7.Changing handles/ Updating trim: There are two different stem lengths of stems in this series, the longer ones (910-523) which are available in RHT threads only and are used with Verve (metal) and Windsor (acrylic) handle. The shorter stems (910-300 and 910-310) are used with decorative handles (lever, cross, crystal). If you want to upgrade from Windsor or Verve handles to decorative handles, you must change to the shorter stems as well as replace the trim. If you would like to change the spout without changing the valve body under the tub, you have to replace the spout anchor assembly (975-525). This will accommodate installing new style spouts on old hardware.
Click here if you need to match your cartridge(s) or if would like to see all cartridge types we have.

gold_tub_faucet.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Just Kimberly

Reaction score
I have the same fitting except with the longer stem valves and acrylic handles and would like to change the trim with a Nickel finsh. Did you manage to change out this fitting using the RT6? I contacted Price Pfister becasue I do not have access to the underside of the tub but their advice was to change the entire valve body out!

I found the following on the PP website and wondered in anyone on this site can advise?

7.Changing handles/ Updating trim: There are two different stem lengths of stems in this series, the longer ones (910-523) which are available in RHT threads only and are used with Verve (metal) and Windsor (acrylic) handle. The shorter stems (910-300 and 910-310) are used with decorative handles (lever, cross, crystal). If you want to upgrade from Windsor or Verve handles to decorative handles, you must change to the shorter stems as well as replace the trim. If you would like to change the spout without changing the valve body under the tub, you have to replace the spout anchor assembly (975-525). This will accommodate installing new style spouts on old hardware.
Click here if you need to match your cartridge(s) or if would like to see all cartridge types we have.

--------------------
I'm SO hoping someone is still monitoring this thread!!

I also have the attractively peeling and discolored gold roman tub faucet as well as the same fitting with the longer stem valves for the flashy acrylic handles. And, sadly, NO access to the underside of the faucets. I was advised by my handyman to buy ANY Price Pfizer
roman tub faucet (so I bought the Pasadena) and we could swap it out. Of course, that's not accurate.

1) Is there ANY PP Roman tub bath faucet (and handles) available on the market, today, that I can buy to replace my old set without having to swap out the existing stems?

2) Are there any ADAPTERS I can buy that will allow me to put my new Pasadena on my old, too-long stems? Is it as easy as buying the 910-300 or 910-310 shorter stems for the handles?

3) OR, are there any adapters I can buy that will allow me to put ANY new PP product on the market onto my existing stems? (And what am I doing wrong that I can't find some place on the web that will tell me all this stuff so I don't have to bother you guys!? (Sorry... a little self pity there...)

Thanks so much for your help!

Kimberly

IMG_7975.JPG

Pasadena Roman Tub.png

Dennis L

Reaction score
--------------------
I'm SO hoping someone is still monitoring this thread!!

I also have the attractively peeling and discolored gold roman tub faucet as well as the same fitting with the longer stem valves for the flashy acrylic handles. And, sadly, NO access to the underside of the faucets. I was advised by my handyman to buy ANY Price Pfizer
roman tub faucet (so I bought the Pasadena) and we could swap it out. Of course, that's not accurate.

1) Is there ANY PP Roman tub bath faucet (and handles) available on the market, today, that I can buy to replace my old set without having to swap out the existing stems?

2) Are there any ADAPTERS I can buy that will allow me to put my new Pasadena on my old, too-long stems? Is it as easy as buying the 910-300 or 910-310 shorter stems for the handles?

3) OR, are there any adapters I can buy that will allow me to put ANY new PP product on the market onto my existing stems? (And what am I doing wrong that I can't find some place on the web that will tell me all this stuff so I don't have to bother you guys!? (Sorry... a little self pity there...)

Thanks so much for your help!

Kimberly

View attachment 35164 View attachment 35165

View attachment 35164

Hi Kimberly,

I have the same Price Pfister Roman Tub setup and I used the Avalon Roman tub fixtures. I used both the spout and the handles from the set and kept the existing plumbing, since it was too hard to redo the plumbing underneath the tub.

The old spout comes off with an hex screw near the base. The copper tube is a little short for the Avalon but it fit well. The handles also worked.

The only thing is both L & R faucets turn the same way, whereas Avalon valves are designed to turn opposite for On and Off. Not an issue for me.

Pfister Avalon Roman Tub on Windsor Plumbing.jpg

Jim Freeman

Reaction score
I am considering the Avalon to replace the old spout. Any problems with leaks, where the o-ring contacts the inside of the spout?
Also need the stopper, if anyone can help.

Attachments

• Tub spout top.jpg
    Tub spout top.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 1,136
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks