Price Pfister brass acrylic 3 handle shower. Can it be replaced with original?

Users who are viewing this thread

redwater

Reaction score
I am helping my mom re-finish/ fix her faucets.

In particular, this acrylic-brass handle is beaten up and needs a new acrylic handle.

Do you think it is available/ know the model number/ name and /or have a recommendation of replacements?

thanks!

redwater_1.jpg

redwater_2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
That is the second most common shower set up ever used, at least west of the Rockies! The only one you find more is the just slightly older Price Pfister Windsor, and the parts are interchangeable. The only problem is, the polished brass was not so common, and I don't know if you will find that at all today. But if you can use chrome or brushed nickel, you will find it a HD, Ace Hardware, and probably the corner drug store!

You don't have any other options. The trim pieces, and the internal stems, on all showers, are unique and not interchangeable between brands. That is the handles only. You can install vrtually ANY shower head and tub spout that you would choose. Also, the drain trip lever and tub flange are in a sense " generic". There are more thatn one size of trip buckets. Since your drain just has a grid held in place by a long #10-32 screw, you can replace the grid without unscrewing the whole flange.

A good plumbing suppy store ( probably not HD) can fix you up with all those parts.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
You can use the Windsor handles or the acrylic ones for the newer models which are similar to yours. And, when it comes time to repair the faucet, a good knowledgeable plumber, would be able to convert that faucet to the new "lifetime" ceramic stems, (I would have done it while doing the handle repair). But do not try to do it yourself, or you could wind up having to replace the faucet inside the wall.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks