Prevent mold in brine tank

Users who are viewing this thread

DaleC

Reaction score
Can it be done? It's a recurring problem. I'm even considering propylene glycol fog.

Taylorjm

Reaction score
I've noticed the water in my brine tank can get a funky smell to it, but since it's used to rinse the softener, then the softener is rinsed again with clean water, I don't think much of anything would get in your water.

Reach4

Reaction score
Maybe you want to clean out the brine tank. Fill the brine tank one way or another, One way might be to add 5 gallons of water before putting the salt back in.

Then, for each cuft of resin, add 1.2 fluid ounces of liquid chlorine bleach mixed into maybe a quart or two of water. Pour that down the brine well, or add the bleach before adding the salt. Let it sit with the salt for an hour or so, and do a regen. My method suggestion is not polished.

One fluid ounce is two tablespoons.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks