Pressure tank setting pressure accurately? how possible

Users who are viewing this thread

Rockwind1

Reaction score
My upper tank and jet pump and pressure tank uses a pressure switch preset at 30-50,, I put a new pressure gauge on to see exactly where it cut off and cut on. (it never had one) it cut off at exactly 48 psi and cut on at exactly 26 psi. I've been reading how important it is to set tank at exactly 2 psi below cut on,,, but I got to thinking,, even though I am using an expensive digital air gauge,, the sort of cheaper round guage that reads the pressure is maybe off,,, so then how to get that exact 2 psi difference?

anyway, I set the tank at 25 psi, thinking maybe it was a bit off.

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
Compare the readings from both when the water pressure is above the 26 PSI cut-on. You could also get a second opinion on the water pressure by connecting another pressure gauge with garden hose thread to the drain valve.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks