Pressure Tank Replacement

Users who are viewing this thread

rhineg57

Reaction score
I have determined that the Well-X-Trol 20 gal. pressure tank that I have has "kicked the bucket" after 17 years. What I need to know is how difficult is it to install a new one? I am a 48 year old female and am pretty good at doing repairs around the house but I don't have a whole lot of experience with plumbing and can't really afford to pay a professional to come out to replace the tank if I can do it myself. Any help you nice folks can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Plumguy

Reaction score
Very difficult to give advice on a system we can't see. For the most part they are a pretty easy replacement. How do you feel when you stand in front of it? As far as your'e past abilities around the house and access to tools. You could try their website for diagrams and instructions that look like your'e set up. Hope this helps!

Speedbump

Reaction score
What kind of plumbing is attached to the tank? Copper, poly (black tubing) PVC (white/yellow) or other?

Look to see if there is a union at the tank inlet. (Big hex nut). There should be a pressure switch and gauge attached to the same unit.

bob...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks