pressure tank recovery???

Users who are viewing this thread

cdchop

Reaction score
If I run the shower, the water pressure will gradually drop on the gauge from 60 down to 40, then the switch contacts close and the needle flickers a bit then just drops off to zero for about 8-10 seconds then jumps back up to 40 and pressure builds back up and all is good, until the next time. I have properly checked the tank pressure 38-40 and top end 60. Of corse the actual water in the shower reflects how I described the gauge, is ok graduely drops then nothing, then back. I have a submersable well pump about 600 ft down with plenty of water. Please tell me I dont have to have it pulled up again. Its only 4 yrs old and I just had to have it pulled for a broken wire at the pump, from a chafe due to it torqueing when turning on. That was late December and 600 bucks. Any ideas???

Speedbump

Reaction score
First of all, if the wire were properly taped to the droppipe, there wouldn't be any skinned wires.

You either have too much air in the tank (which has to be checked with no water pressure in the system and the pump off) or your pressure switch is not seeing the pressure drop as quick as it should because of a plugged pipe or tube.

bob...

Last edited by a moderator:

cdchop

Reaction score
Yea who ever instaled the pump new didn't use a stand off, thats why I had the chafe.
I just baught a new switch and will change and post back.
I have already properly checked the tank pressures, and switch settings.unless my tire gauge is off.

Speedbump

Reaction score
Changing the switch may not cure the problem. The switch is turning on and off the pump, so it's working. It's the fact that the water pressure isn't getting to the switch quick enough because of a restriction in the plumbing feeding the switch. That is what you need to check.

I'm not sure what a stand off is. Maybe a Torque Arrestor? I don't recommend their use either.

bob...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks