Pressure tank plumbing

Users who are viewing this thread

grover

Reaction score
A few questions.
My new pressure tank has a 1.25 inch female fitting at the bottom. I'm wondering if it is ok to use a 1.25 to 1.00 busing at the tank so a 1 inch tee can be used. I can't see how it would be a problem but I wanted to check.

Can I come out of the bottom of the tank and 90 up and put the tee at the top of the tank? So the distance the tee is from the tank doesn't hurt anything?

Should my water filters go between my cistern and the pressure tank?

What material should I use for my plumbing around the tank? I'm using PVC underground from the cistern to inside the house. Inside the house I'm using Wirsbo. Around the tank I've seen pictures with PVC, copper, galvanized, pex. The tee its self is brass. Is there a "best" material?

Sorry if these questions are easy for you guys. This is my first pump/tank experience.

Craigpump

In the Trades
Reaction score
Bushings are fine.

Submersible pump? If the pump is in the cistern, do not put a filter between the pump and pressure switch.

The pressure switch should be kept as close as posdible to the tank.

Always use like materials. Do not combine brass and galvanized, copper and galvanized etc. Brass and copper are ok.

We use Pex on some jobs, but copper looks more professional and is more expensive.

grover

Reaction score
Yes, submersible pump. I thought it would be better to have the water filtered before going through the tank area and all the fittings there. I'll put it inline after the pressure switch. Moving the tee assembly up will put the pressure switch 3-4 ft from the pressure tank. I'll use copper to pex. Thanks

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks