Pressure Tank Location

Users who are viewing this thread

Rob Wilcox

Reaction score
I am a homeowner that just bought a fixer upper house and am replacing the pressure tank. The well head is a good 75 to 100 ft downslope from the house. Slope is probably about 10% grade. The old pressure tank was right up by the house. Should I install the new pressure tank by the house or down by the well head? Same question for the pressure switch. If the pressure tank should be up by the house, should the pressure switch be there as well or should it be down at the well head?

Finally, the pressure tank is a Amtrol WX-205 34 gallon, preset to 38psig. What should the high and low cut off points be for the pressure switch? The house is 700 sq. ft. with one bathroom, kitchen and laundry room.

Thanks for any input. Much appreciated.

Reach4

Reaction score
Pressure switch needs to be at the pressure tank. Usually the house is the better place, especially if there is a chance of freezing.

Pressure switch should be 40/60. It is easy to adjust the air precharge with a tire pump.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks