Pressure tank issues

Users who are viewing this thread

COFFEEHOUND

Reaction score
i have a trickle system set up with no issues from the submersible to the tank.lots of water.
I have water form the holding tank to the xtrol tank.
The problem is this
the jet pump comes on and hits it's cut off no problem.
after it hits cut off and the pump shuts down.the tank drops pressure and the pump fires again over and over.after it fills if I turn the pump off the pressure drops until the gauge hits about 20.
We only bought this house less than a year ago and the pumps and tanks all look fairly new.
I have no issues with plumbing but this is the first place i have been with a well system
Any help would be apreciated.

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
How many gallons is the bladder tank and how many gallons of drawdown can you get from it? How long does it take for the pump to go from kick-in to kick-out? It sounds like maybe the bladder is busted and you have too little drawdown.

COFFEEHOUND

Reaction score
not sure on the gallons of the tank but it is a well-x-troll 201 tank.pump runs for aprox.30 seconds i am guessing.no change as to the amount of run time from what it normally would

COFFEEHOUND

Reaction score
You have a bad check valve or a hole in the pipe.

Well thats the thing.I see no check valve in the line.if i had a hole anywhere i would probably see water somewhere there.
I think what i may do is soap up all areas of the tank and pump in the morning.
thanks for all the help so far guys.much apreciated

COFFEEHOUND

Reaction score
Thank you to everyone for your help..Turns out the foot valve came off of the line and is why the pressure tank would not hold water pressure.
Working fine now

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks