Pressure tank issue, keeps cycling

Users who are viewing this thread

Cudos

Reaction score
Hello all,

I need some insight as I know next to nothing about these things. Our pressure tank (3.5 years old) keeps cycling on every 4 hours. We just noticed it in the last couple days during the night when not using any water. It would come on about 1:00 am then again about 5am

I cannot find any water leaks anywhere. No dripping taps, running toilets or water leaking from the tank. I have soap tested the air valves on the tank and cannot see anything. Do these have a bladder? or maybe a defective check valve. Where should I start. I have attached a couple of pics on the tank. Our well is 120 ft artesian that flows directly to the cabin, no pump down there.

Thanks

015.jpg016.jpg

Last edited:

Cudos

Reaction score
Thank-You valveman, I'll start there. What do I need to do when changing that valve, anything special? like recalibrating the flux capacitor googleflopom, or just swap it out :confused:

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
Before you tear it apart, turn off the ballvalve to the house to make 100% sure you are not losing water in that direction.

Cudos

Reaction score
Do you mean the blue valve handle in the pic on top of the pump? or the main water valve in the crawl space?

I was assuming the blue handled valve on the tank then just open the taps let the pressure out.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks