Pressure tank distance from well pump

Users who are viewing this thread

w4mjr

Reaction score
I have a question about the distance of putting my pressure tank from the well. My well is 65 feet deep. I would like to my pressure tank and pressure switch in the corner of my shop that is 160 feet away from the top of well casing which would make the total length 225 feet to the bottom of well. Would that work ok or do I need to place the tank at the top of well casing but then I would have to make a small well house for the pressure tank only and I didn't want to do that. I read where some people place the tank under the house crawlspace of there house which is kinda the same setup. My plans are 3/4 hp subm pump with 20 gal pressure tank. Water is used for outside only.

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
Put the tank where you want. In the case of a 600 foot deep well, the tank would be further away than that.

w4mjr

Reaction score
Ok thanks. Just what I needed to know. I guess where I read on some of Lowes pumps the lift is 150 feet and I was taking it as the total pump distance. That must be something else.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks